All buses in our fleet that are used to service contract style charters are equipped with GPS tracking and reporting systems that allow us to instantly and historically track the speed, route, location and safety of our passengers at all times.
Adventure Charters has zero major incidents or accidents on our safety record and we attribute this fact to our driver screening program, our GPS tracking and reporting system and our clearly defined and enforced safety procedures and policies. We require all drivers to meet and maintain strict criteria of benchmarks, such as:
- Provides a historical driver’s abstract that is free of major incidences (defined as accidents causing bodily harm or death to human life and/or more than $2000.00 dollars worth of damage to vehicle and/or cargo), free of multiple safety and hours of service violations
- Provides a historical driver’s abstract that contains no more than three minor incidences (i.e. speeding violation, accidents with no bodily harm or loss of human life and/or less than $2000.00 dollars worth of damage to vehicle and/or cargo)
- Has a valid Driver’s License of the appropriate class without restrictions that hinder performance
- Complete ICBC Driver Abstract forms to allows us to obtain regular N print driver abstracts at our discretion
- Satisfies the operational standards of the Division Manager
- Satisfies the operational standards of Human Resources
All personnel operating a vehicle under our Safety Certificate have received training in the following areas:
- Safe Operating Policies and Procedures Manual
- Hours of Service Regulations
- Employee Performance Expectations
Service & Dependability
As with any type of mechanical equipment, breakdowns happen. Our goal is to ensure that any type of service disruption has the least impact possible on our customers. This means always having spare buses in the fleet ready to hit the road and to ensure minimal service disruptions with regular servicing and maintenance.
We are required by law to complete vehicle safety inspections every six months however we choose to go above and beyond basic industry standards and complete full bumper to bumper inspections every 6000 Kilometers with a major inspection every 36000 Kilometers. These inspections are outsourced to local, independent, and fully qualified Mechanics to ensure detailed and comprehensive inspections without bias.